- Student & Parent Resources
- Dress Code
- Graduation Information and Policy
- Health Information
- School Supplies
- School Bell Schedules
- Saturday School Schedule
- Second Step
- Event Calendar- Download Link
- 1st Place Spirit Wear
- Technology Resources
- School Safety Tip Form
- Student Handbook
- Volunteer Opportunities
School is a place of business and students should wear clothing that is suitable for the pursuit of learning. Use common sense and do not wear clothing that is distracting, offensive, dangerous, or exposes too much skin. The staff is interested in the cleanliness and health of each student and requests that parents support our interest. As with any policy, the inclusion of all possibilities is difficult. The Diamond View staff may sometimes have to use its professional discretion regarding student dress.
Specific dress code expectations include:
Shoes: Appropriate shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals may be worn if they have a back strap and a solid sole (flip flops and shoes with foam soles are not permitted). High heels must not be more than 2 inches. Athletic cleats are not to be worn at school.
Shirts: Must not expose midriff, under garments, or cleavage. Spaghetti straps, and backless shirts are not allowed. Sleeveless shirts must cover the entire shoulder and under arm area.
Shorts & Skirts: Shorts and skirt hems (including skirt slits) must not be shorter than 4-5 inches above the top of the knee. Finger tip rules no longer apply, as arm length differs from person to person.
- Ripped and torn clothing- All pants and shorts must be free of holes excessive in size and may not be ripped in areas, which could be considered inappropriate as judged by the administration.
- Under garments must be covered at all times.
- Hats and sunglasses must be removed by both boys and girls inside the buildings.
Excessive metal accessories including chains, wallet chains, spikes, sharp protruding objects, safety pins as clothing, or other potentially dangerous items are not allowed. Bandanas and hair nets may not be worn at school.
Items directly or indirectly depicting or referring to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, violence, gangs, death, profanity, nudity, vulgarity, obscenity, scantily dressed characters, or other socially inappropriate message demeaning to any race, religion, sex, or ethnic group or which advocates the violation of the law are prohibited.
If at any time a student’s dress is such that it disrupts the educational program, the student will be required to change into appropriate attire. Students not following these guidelines will be required to immediately change clothing and will be assigned lunch detention.
- A second offense will result in a change of clothing and parent contact.
- A third offense will result in a change of clothing, detention, and a parent conference.
- Continued violations will result in further school discipline measures.